Ferry Corsten was born in Rotterdam, Netherlands. He has produced and remixed under many aliases since the release of his first record at the age of sixteen, but he officially started to work as a musician when he was 17 years old. As a teenager he saved money to buy his first keyboard by washing cars, and selling mix tapes to kids in his neighbourhood.
He later began to perform live performances with a friend and won his first award "De Grote Prijs van Nederland" at the Netherlands in 1995. He eventually released a record with a couple of friends when he was just sixteen years old and later began releasing self-made productions while he grew up in Rotterdam in the 1990s, producing underground hardcore gabber tracks, later expanding into club-house and trance music.
His first single to reach a chart position was "Don't Be Afraid" under the alias Moonman, which was only the start for becoming a composer as well. In 1997 Corsten and his partner Robert Smit established a dance label named Tsunami with the Dutch based dance company Purple Eye Entertainment b.v., this junction made the creation of another label possible; Polar State. Ferry Corsten was studying to become an Electrical Engineer, so he went to the Technical Training School and after that Higher Technical Education
- Real Name: Ferry Corsten
- Location: Rotterdam, NL
- Genre: Hardstyle
- Collaborations: GOURYELLA, SYSTEM F
- Labels: 405 Recordings, Aleph Recordings (Flashover), Black Hole Recordings, Central Station Records, D:Vision, Flashover Recordings, Hussle Recordings, Maelstrom, Moonshine, Premier, Purple Eye Entertainment BV, SPG Music, Tsunami, Ultra Records
- Booking: * AM Only Inc. * Dance Therapy * Great Stuff * Twenty4seven Management
- Website: DJ Ferry Corsten
- Upcoming Events: View Events